Psychology Month: Free Public Presentations in February 2020!
February is Psychology Month
Click here for a full schedule of February 2020 Psychology Month Presentations in Metro Vancouver (Vancouver, NorthVan, WestVan, Burnaby, Richmond, Surrey, NewWest).
Click here for a full schedule of February 2020 Psychology Month Presentations in the Tricities, Fraser Valley, and Interior (Port Coquitlam, Coquitlam, Abbotsford, Kelowna).
Click here for a full schedule of February 2020 Psychology Month Presentations in Vancouver Island (Victoria, Campbell River, Cowichan Valley).
Posters of events:
Enhancing Mental Heallth Through Creativity
- Tuesday, February 4, 2020 | 7:30pm-9:00pm: Dr. Alina Sotskova, R.Psych. - Vancouver Public Library - Central Branch
Stress, Hassles and Burnout
Stress & It’s Impact on Mental & Physical Health
El Manejo de Estrés y la Salud
- Thursday, February 6th, 2020 | 6:30-8:00pm: Dr. Erika Horwitz, R.Psych. - VPL Kensington Branch *Spanish Language Talk*
Opiate Crisis and the Correctional System: The Need for a Dramatic Change in Approach
- Friday, February 7th, 2020 | 2:00-3:30pm: Dr. Bruce Monkhouse, R.Psych. - James Bay Community Project
Helping Your Child Overcome Anxiety
- Saturday, February 8, 2020 | 1:30pm-3:00pm: Dr. Carlton Duff, R.Psych. - Cook Street Village Activity Centre
Relationships: Staying Connected
- Monday, February 10, 2020 | 7:00pm-8:30pm: Dr. David Mensink, R.Psych. - Cook Street Village Activity Centre
The Superpower of Love: How to Unleash It & Upgrade Your Relationships in Our Disconnected World
- Tuesday, February 11, 2020 | 7:00pm-8:30pm: Dr. Rotem Regev, R.Psych. - Vancouver Public Library - Central Branch
Managing Performance Anxiety: Strategies for Sport, Work, and School
- Wednesday, February 12, 2020 | 6:30pm-8:00pm: Ms. Zarina Giannone, M.A. & Dr. Patrick Myers, R.Psych. - Dunbar Community Centre
Neurotribes: Autism in the 21st Century
- Wednesday, February 12th, 2020 | 7:00-8:30pm: Dr. Cheryl Ainsworth, R.Psych. - Fraser Valley Regional Library
Time Management and Stress: Tips and Strategies to Get Yourself Back on Track
- Thursday, February 13, 2020 | 6:30pm-8:00pm: Ms. Irene Spelliscy, R.Psych. - Kelowna Downtown Library - ORL Branch
Enhancing Your Personal & Workplace Resiliency
- Tuesday, February 18, 2020 | 7:00pm-8:30pm: Dr. Joti Samra, R.Psych. - Vancouver Public Library - Central Branch
Don’t Panic: Easy, Everyday Ways to Manage Anxiety
Mindfulness Based Stress Reduction (MBSR)*
- Thursday, February 20, 2020 | 7:00pm-8:30pm: Dr. Kasim Al-Mashat, R.Psych. - Centre For Mindfulness Canada
- Saturday, February 29, 2020 | 11:00am-12:30pm: Dr. Kasim Al-Mashat, R.Psych. - Centre For Mindfulness Canada
Helping Asian Families with a Transgender Family Member
- Saturday, February 22, 2020 | 1:00pm-2:30pm: Dr. Wallace Wong, R.Psych. - S.U.C.C.E.S.S. *Cantonese Language Talk
Emotional Literacy 101
- Monday, February 24, 2020 | 7:00pm-8:30pm: Ms. Alicja Dobrzanski, B.Sc., Dr. Michael Sheppard, R.Psych. - Dunbar Community Centre
- Tuesday, February 25, 2020 | 7:00pm-8:30pm: Dr. Debbie Leung, R.Psych. - VPL Central Branch *Cantonese Language Talk
What is Emotional Self-Regulation and How Do We Do It?
- Wednesday, February 26, 2020 | 6:30pm-8:00pm: Dr. Rosa Wu, R.Psych. - New Westminster Public Library - Main Branch
- Saturday, February 22, 2020 | 1:00pm-2:30pm: Dr. Rosa Wu, R.Psych. - **Pathways Clubhouse *Mandarin Language Talk
Helping Children Chase Away Worry: Understanding and Managing Anxiety in Children
- Wednesday, February 26, 2020 | 7:00pm-8:30pm: Ms. Samiramis du Sautoy, RCC - Coquitlam Library - City Centre Branch
Ethical Activism for Psychologists: Understanding the Canadian Landscape
January 28th, 2021
Join the 1st Ethics Salon of 2021!