Psychologist needed at SFU
Pay range: $53,355.60 To $63,714.60 Annually
Department: Student Services - Health & Counselling Services
Biweekly Hours: 43.2
The Psychologist provides clinical counselling services to students. The incumbent works collaboratively with other Student Services, Counselling staff members to provide individual, couple and group psychotherapy. In addition, the Psychologist provides consultation/advice to faculty and staff dealing with students in crisis and assists in emergency situations as a member of the Critical Incidents Stress Response team. The Psychologist supervises counsellor trainees (PhD and MA level) and student volunteers.
- PhD or EdD in Clinical Psychology, Counselling, Education, or a related discipline, with at least two years of registration with the College of Psychologists of B.C., and three years of experience in counselling (individual, couple, and group); psychotherapy; responding to crisis and critical incident interventions; and supervising counsellor trainees at the doctoral level.
- Excellent knowledge of student development theory and counselling/outreach programs for post-secondary students.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- Excellent organizational and time management skills.
- Ability to exercise initiative and mature clinical judgment, empathy, and tact.
- Ability to work as a member of a dynamic multi-disciplinary team.
Please include your cover letter and resume in one attachment.