Vancouver Coastal Health is looking for a Psychologist
Vancouver Coastal Health is looking for a Psychologist to join the Gastown Vocational Services department in Vancouver.
About the job:
- Be in charge of psychological services provided to a section of the facility/program for the designated scope of practice area
- Complete psychological assessments, provide psychological treatment, and evaluate the effectiveness and appropriateness of treatment and facilitate education of clients
- Maintain client records including the documentation of client diagnosis and most effective form of treatment and prepare progress notes and psychological reports
- Liaise with external agencies and establish and maintain effective working relationships with stakeholders.
- Attend clinical/case conferences
- Provide formal and informal consultations, participate in quality improvement and risk management activities, provide clinical teaching and supervision to Psychology Residents and students and conduct and participate in research.
Education and Experience:
- Ph.D. in Clinical Psychology from a recognized university.
- Two (2) years recent related experience in therapeutic, diagnostic and consultation services in the designated scope of practice areas of mental health & addiction services such as experience working with individuals with mental health issues, substance misuse, anxiety and mood disorders and post traumatic stress disorder.
- Current registration with the College of Psychologists of British Columbia or registration with the College within one year of employment.
- Valid Class 5 B.C. Driver’s license and possession of a personal vehicle with business insurance coverage when required.